Same Fate Different Ways

3 Apr

About Video Description on You Tube: A cattle truck carrying 70 cows topples on I40 and Air Depot. Part of the highway closed while workers attempt to rescue the livestock.

Every morning I wake up, turn on the TV, and tune in to watch the local news as I get ready for work. One morning they reported a story about a livestock truck that had crashed (not the video I posted here). The anchors were genuinely concerned about the cattle in the truck, asking the on-site reporter multiple questions about the well being and survival  of the cows who had been in the accident.

Hypocritical statements irk me.

Exhibit A: The description of the video above by TV station KOCOTV of an attempt to “rescue” the livestock.

Cows died during the crash. Yes, it is sad. Cows were trapped and suffering. Yes, it is sad.

But were these so-called concerned reporters unaware of their fates?

“Rescuing” cows involves people power and time:

Screenshot_2013-04-03-20-05-27-1

thescoopblog.dallasnews.com

cnjonline.com

cnjonline.com

Soon after they will end up here:
Screenshot_2013-04-03-20-08-46-1
 Like this:
Screenshot_2013-04-03-20-10-47-1
And ultimately, all “rescue” efforts were in vain:
Screenshot_2013-04-03-20-11-20-1
About these ads

7 Responses to “Same Fate Different Ways”

1. Thomas April 4, 2013 at 5:19 am #

people are blind and need educating. They focus on the welfare of animals and thats it !! I cant understand it and wished that slaughterhouses are shown on TV, Billboards etc . Like your photos….

• Xiomara April 8, 2013 at 3:31 pm #

as i’m typing his there’s a american humane association commercial made in conjunction with Foster Farms, a huge factory farm. people don’t want to see what happens in slaughterhouses. when i posted a picture on facebook I got a really strong response from many people– ‘keep those things off your page;reserve it for your vegan blog not here; etc’. meat is such a profitably industry and so ingrained in our culture, so many people would rather ignore the suffering that happens to get their “chicken leg” or “burger”

• Thomas April 13, 2013 at 9:17 pm #

That’s very typical, but I would do the same. I mean if people are eating this wel take a look how is it made :) well done PS when are you coming to Australia ? You can meet me Ally too :)

• Xiomara April 18, 2013 at 2:10 am #

I had a dream I went to Australia and met Ally a few months ago!! it was a cool dream :)

That’d be such a cool trip to make.

and yes, people do need to see how their “food” is made. **thinking of all the animals stuck in factory farms right now** :(

• Thomas April 18, 2013 at 4:19 am #

I think you made a typo, you had a dream about meeting Thomas lol because I can offer yummy vegan food and you can give me a Spanish refresh course LOL. Only joking… Yes if you get a chance you should visit .. It’s a beautiful country ;)

• Thomas April 18, 2013 at 4:21 am #

Hey someone said to me that how long I had an eating disorder ? I said what disorder. He said you don’t eat animal products ??? I told him its for ethical reason but that was too much for his brain to take.. And looked at me like I was speaking a different language ;)

• sammysfood May 14, 2013 at 12:19 pm #

You were Thom, you were speaking ‘vegish’ :) :)